Will my European driving insurance continue to be valid?

Before travelling to Europe in your own vehicle we would advise you to check with your motor insurance provider to ensure the validity of your policy for driving in EU countries. From the 1 January 2021, you may need to obtain a Green Card, which should be carried in your vehicle to demonstrate the validity of your insurance while abroad. 

A Green Card can be obtained via your insurance company, often at no extra cost. We recommend contacting your motor insurance provider at least one month in advance of travel.

Contact us

Our friendly team are on hand to answer any questions you may have or to help you with your booking.

Contact form

All fields marked with * are required.


If you do prefer to contact us in writing, our postal adress is:

P&O Ferries
Channel House
Channel View Road
CT17 9TJ


Please send any questions or comments to: or submit an enquiry.

Service information

For the latest information on your sailing please visit our sailing update page.

Travel information

Check out our travel information pages for the latest information on arriving at the port, travelling with us and planning your ferry crossing.

View details


Take your first step to booking your next holiday by checking out our ferry timetables.

View details